With their health information consolidated and normalized in Hugo, people can choose to securely share their data with researchers and industry partners using a novel approach that we call a “People Powered Data Partnership”.
A People Powered Data Partnership works when trust exists between people who generate - and hold data, and those who need data to do their work. Hugo develops that trust by adhering to strict trust principles and cultivating relationships between people and a vetted community of data users. This new paradigm has the potential to spur a transformative ripple effect throughout the healthcare system.
Strong partnerships are built on mutual respect and trust.
The following principles help us earn the trust of our users:
TRANSPARENCY: A necessary foundation
- Clear and concise privacy notice
- Privacy center to advance understanding of privacy policies
- Permission required for the use of all data
PARTNERSHIP: Building strong communities
- Communities, not cohorts
- Participants and partners, not research subjects
- Opportunities for data holders and data users
ACCOUNTABILITY: Working with you
- Provide a modern, tech-enabled research experience
- Work on behalf of healthcare consumers to obtain and use their own health information
- Frictionless, digital, real-time data flow
SECURITY: Our highest priority
- Adherent to FTC Security by Design principles
- Physical, administrative and technical safeguards
- Data always encrypted in motion and at rest