Hugo is entrusted with some of your most sensitive information and we take the responsibility of safeguarding your privacy and the security of your data very seriously. Therefore, we believe it is important that you understand how your information is collected, shared and used. Visit our Privacy Center for more information.
Hugo collects your health information on your behalf which creates your Personal Health Record Data (PHRD). PHRD data can come from the variety of places that you choose to connect to Hugo (for example your patient portal, wearable and wireless devices, etc). In order for Hugo's technology to gather that information, you will create an account with your name, email and password and input usernames and passwords from your various portal accounts.
WHAT I AGREE TO.
By using Hugo, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this notice. Using Hugo is your choice and we want you to be sure you are fully informed and comfortable with how your data are secured and used.
Hugo uses your PHR data to improve user experience and overall quality of our services
- Providing you appropriate search results and personalized content
- Verifying your identity
- Recognizing you when you return to our Services
- Providing you notices about your account
- Notifying you about updates or changes to our Services or any services we offer or provide through it
- Informing you of new features or opportunities in Hugo that let you make use of your data - unless you opt out
- Informing you of opportunities to participate in clinical research - unless you opt out.
for research purposes to promote better health and healthcare
Hugo's mission is to connect people to their health data. These data can help promote better health and health care. We use the data available for these research purposes. In some cases, we work with trusted third parties to perform this research, under controls that are designed to protect your privacy. We publish or allow others to publish reports, presented as aggregated data rather than personal data
Hugo uses your PHR data to improve our services or develop new products or services
- To track your usage of and perform quality improvement of our Services;
- Administer a survey
- Conduct data analysis about our audience size and usage trends;
- Monitor the success of our marketing activities
- To help fix problems that may occur
Your PHR data will never
- Be used for marketing or advertising without your explicit permission.
- Be sold or shared with 3rd parties without your explicit permission.
- Leave the Hugo platform without your explicit permission.
At Hugo, we treat the privacy and security of your PHR Data with the utmost importance and respect. As such, we take extensive precautions to ensure the safety and protection of your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. Read our security statement
Important Note: Access to PHR data on Hugo is granted only to individuals who are bound by contractual obligations and HIPAA guidelines to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
Your PHR data is stored in the US* only and is protected from network intrusions by state of the art security measures
Activity within the Hugo platform is logged and monitored to detect unauthorized access or use of the system.
Hugo employs encryption technology that scrambles your information so that it cannot be read except by those who have the “key”. To maximize security, your information is encrypted while in motion (while traveling in or out of Hugo) and when at rest (stored in our databases).
* When PHR Data are stored in the United States, U.S. law enforcement agencies may be able to prosecute if data are stolen or breached.