Hugo is entrusted with some of your most sensitive information and we take the responsibility of safeguarding your privacy and the security of your data very seriously. Therefore, we believe it is important that you understand how your information is collected, shared and used. Visit our Privacy Center for more information.
When you create a Hugo account, your identifiable and anonymous data - collectively your Personal Health Record (PHR) data are stored securely in Hugo’s cloud-based platform.
WHAT I AGREE TO.
By using Hugo, you agree to the terms outlined in this notice. Using Hugo is your choice and we want you to be fully informed and comfortable with how your data are secured and used.
Important Note: Access to PHR data on Hugo is granted with your knowledge and permission and only to individuals who are bound by contractual obligations and HIPAA guidelines for keeping personal information confidential. Your data will be used only for the intended purpose. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
Hugo uses your PHR data to provide our services
- To contact you regarding your account
- To notify you of updates or changes to the services we provide
- To inform you of new features or opportunities to help you use your data - unless you opt out
- To inform you of opportunities to participate in clinical research - unless you opt out
Hugo uses your PHR data to help fulfill our mission
- To offer opportunities to contribute data to help improve healthcare delivery and advance scientific discovery
- To perform internal analytics
- To publish reports that contain only aggregate level information. These reports will never contain any identifiable PHR data
Hugo uses your PHR data to improve our services
- To improve user experience and the overall quality of our services
- To monitor the success of our marketing activities
Your PHR data will never
- Be used for marketing or advertising without your explicit permission
- Be sold or shared with 3rd parties without your explicit permission
- Leave the Hugo platform without your explicit permission
At Hugo, we treat the privacy and security of your PHR Data with the utmost importance and respect. As such, we take extensive precautions to ensure the safety and protection of your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. Read our security statement here.
Your PHR data is stored in the US* only and is protected from network intrusions by sate of the art security measures
Activity within the Hugo platform is logged and monitored to detect unauthorized access or use of the system.
Hugo employs encryption technology that scrambles your information so that it cannot be read except by those who have the “key”. To maximize security, your information is encrypted while in motion (traveling between destinations) and while at rest (stored in our databases).
* When PHR Data are stored in the United States, U.S. law enforcement agencies may be able to prosecute if data are stolen or breached.