3. PRIVACY MEETS A COMMON GOOD
Individuals do not have to choose between privacy and sharing their data to improve the lives of others. People need control over the use of their own data - however we are equally committed to building a community of informed data partners who understand the power that personal health information can have in improving health care for all.
In order to provide a secure and trusted platform, Hugo partners with organizations, researchers, industry leaders and others to share data when the following terms are met:
- Data sharing opportunities presented to users will describe the purpose, list a point of contact and identify the duration of the project
- Opportunities will allow the user to opt out at any time and to stop the sharing of information
- Data sharing opportunities presented to users will explain exactly what information will be shared and how it will be used
- Data sharing opportunities presented to users will use data for the stated purposes only
- Users must grant explicit consent to participate and to share their data