3. PRIVACY MEETS A COMMON GOOD
Individuals do not have to choose between privacy and sharing their data to improve the lives of others. People must control the use of their own data - however we are equally committed to building a community of informed data partners who understand the power that personal health information can have in improving health care for all.
In order to provide a secure and trusted platform for Hugo users to partner with organizations, researchers, industry and others to share their data, the following criteria are met:
- Data sharing opportunities presented to users will describe the purpose, list a point of contact and identify the duration of the project
- Provide an opportunity for the user to opt out at any time and to stop the sharing of information
- Participant understands exactly what information they are sharing and how it will be used
- Participant’s information will be used for the stated purposes only
- Participant must grant explicit consent to participate and to share their data