1. TRANSPARENCY BUILDS TRUST
We pledge complete transparency. You should know how your data are collected, shared and used. As a Hugo user, you provide personal information that allows us to maintain your account and communicate with you when necessary.
By using Hugo, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this notice. Using Hugo is your choice and we want you to be sure you are fully informed and comfortable with how your data are secured and used.
Important Note: Access to your PHR data is granted only to individuals who are bound by contractual obligations and HIPAA guidelines to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
WHAT DATA ARE COLLECTED?
- Full name and email - upon account registration
- Username and password information for health data sources that you link to your Hugo account
- Any data transferred from health data sources that you link to your Hugo account
- Any information that you or a third party provide while using Hugo
- User activity data commonly collected using cookies and similar technologies
HOW ARE MY DATA USED?
To provide our services to you in order to improve user experience and the overall quality of our services, we may use your information as follows:
- Providing you appropriate search results and personalized content
- Verifying your identity
- Recognizing you when you return to our Services
- Providing you notices about your account
- Notifying you about updates or changes to our Services or any services we offer or provide through it
- Informing you of new features or opportunities in Hugo that let you make use of your data - unless you opt out
- Informing you of opportunities to participate in clinical research - unless you opt out.
To fulfill our mission of improving health care delivery and advancing scientific discovery, we may use your information as follows:
- Perform internal research and analytics within Hugo. These data will remain securely in Hugo and will never be sold, shared, or otherwise leave Hugo in any form without your explicit permission
- In reports generated by our internal research and analytics efforts. Reports contain aggregated information and will not contain any identifiable PHR data.
To improve our Services to you or to develop new products and services we may use your information as follows
- to track your usage of our Services;
- administer a survey;
- perform quality control and quality improvement activities;
- conduct data analysis about our audience size and usage trends;
- monitor the success of our marketing activities
We may disclose Account Information, Self-Reported Information and information about your usage of our Services only in the following circumstances:
- To contractors, service providers and other third party vendors we use to support our business
- To comply with a valid court order, law or legal process
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Me2Health, our users or others.